[Moon] question Brendon quest

Wolfgang Schlaffer dl5mae at yahoo.de
Tue Oct 11 21:52:50 CEST 2016

Hi All,

after the discussion of the QSO attempt between V51PJ and PY1MHZ I read the
rules about the Brendon quest again ( I am aware that V51PJ and PY1MHZ
are not in Europe and cannot qualify for Brendon).

Maybe my english is not good enough but the rules abt the location say:

the North American line lies along the line of maximum depth between Canada and
Greenland...

So:  There was an attempt between VC1T and Europe some time ago.
However, VC1T QTH (GN37OS) was much more east than the west coast of
Greenland which might be around FQ38 ...
Greenland is rather big and counts to Northamerica radio-wise.

So in my understanding a QSO between VC1T in GN37 and anyone in Europe never could
qualify for the brendon quest as GN37 lies much more east than the west coast of Greenland.

Even stations in Maine, NH or MA will not meet the criteria under the current rules, while stations
in New York may be able to qualify.

But perhaps I am wrong and missed something ?

vy 73 de DL5MAE Wolfgang TNX!