[Moon] Questions regarding 3 cm activity this contest weekend

Roger Rehr W3SZ w3sz73 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 06:09:57 CEST 2016

Hi All,

The excitement of the EME2016 Conference got me off of the dead stop
where my 10 GHz EME rebuild had been sitting for 3-4 years while I
pursued other things, and I am feverishly trying to be ready to operate
on 3 cm this weekend.

I have a few questions.

First of all, does anyone know if the DL0SHF 3 cm EME beacon is
going to be available this week?

Second, what is the current recommendation/practice for Doppler tracking
on 10 GHz [1] for Digital modes and [2] for CW?
With WSJTX it is very easy to do Doppler tracking using:
Constant frequency on moon
Receive only
Full Doppler to DX Grid
Conceptually I like "Constant frequency on Moon" but what is most
important for me to know is what most folks are actually doing.

Third, what digital modes are most folks going to be using this weekend
on 10 GHz?  JT4G or JT65C or QRA64 or something else?

Thanks in advance and good luck to all!

73,

Roger W3SZ