[Moon] A plea to help CW EME from PA2DW

Steve Gross-N4PZ n4pz at live.com
Wed Apr 5 00:27:08 CEST 2017

Hello Dick

Here we go again. Ten db advantage over SSB is guaranteed using CW vs SSB. And you can have a real conversation. Amazing isn't it? CW once learned is beautiful music. Two operators who send clean error free or even close to error  free are pleasure to copy. It is no harder to learn to copy 30 WPM than it is learning to type.

There is only one way to achieve 30 WPM. Practice, practice, practice. Not on the moon for God's sake.. Get on 4o meter CW and have long conversations with guys who send and copy higher than you can send and copy. Push yourself. It isn't impossible but it takes dedication and persistence. Every day !!!! Once a week will get you no results at all.

I can still copy 45 WPM and I am going to be 78 years old April 9th.  I copy in my head. I "NEVER" try to write it down. At this age my "fist"/ "sending" is full of errors but my ability to copy is as good as ever.Trying to print or write at 30 WPM is hopeless for me. Once you pass 30 WPM you start copying words not letters. Throw away a code reader. When CW is in the noise that crap is useless.

Good luck es 73.

Steve N4PZ

"es" is CW for "and"

@ Is wr run together Dit dah dah dit dah dit.  .--.-. =  @