[Moon] CW!

Steve Gross-N4PZ n4pz at live.com
Thu Apr 6 21:23:23 CEST 2017

Hello Dick et All

One very important fact about CW on EME is sending speed and spacing between letters. Slowing down is the worst thing you can do. Read down..........

I find about 16 WPM with spacing between letters the same as if I were sending 10 WPM is perfect.

Sending at 16 WPM gets the letter through with less possibility of it being chopped up by liberation. Spacing at 10 WPM gives one time to determine that a letter is completed.

I learned this by observing hundreds of different guys sending. Remember, it's not that I have trouble copying 16 WPM but slowing down makes copy much harder because liberation breaks up dahs into dits and dits can be lost entirely.

So please do not slow down to 7 WPM if you think it helps me copy. It does the reverse.

73

Steve N4PZ

CW is craftsmanship, lets preserve it! (From PA2DW. I love it)