[Moon] [Moon-Net] G3LTF weekend on 6 and 9cm

jewell at btinternet.com jewell at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 27 10:03:36 CEST 2017

I also had a 12V sMPSU failure. In my case I think it might have been due to a swarm of flying ants!The PSU is 110v mains supplied and sits out at the dish, when required.
Before it failed (when I was checking the activity on 3cm) I managed to work PA3DZL ( #1) and G4CCH  (#2)on JT4 and GB6GHY (#3) on CW. I nev got the 6cm sorted before GHY closd down on Saturday.
I paid the price for thinking I could set up on a new EME band at the last  minute. I had a series of gottchas on 9cm before eventually completely rearranging how I would set up the equipment.
GB6GHY didn't receive anything from, me when I first tried with them. Moving to digital I was able to work Jac and Howard. Back on CW I found that the key plug into the back of the K3 had broken. As I had turned down the sidetone I wasn't aware I wasn't actually keying the system. The rearrangement meant I wasn't able to monitor the PA power output.I've now set up a replacement SMPSU.
2.3m dish, 45W, RA3AQ feed, VLNA9
Thanks to Tim, Brian and Noel at Goonhilly dor all their efforts. Also to Jac and Howard for my first QSOs on my fifth EME band.
73 de Sam, G4DDK

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad