[Moon] OT: FS: Relays & Directional Couplers

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Thu Aug 31 05:13:49 CEST 2017

I have some neat relays & couplers to share and this time I have kept
several of each for myself hi-hi.

1. I have some very clean (9.2/10) Anritsu, 12 V, SPDT, SMA, DC-13 GHz
relays. The only real wear marks on them are from them hitting each
other in the box they were kept in. Just for fun several were swept up
to 18 GHz and found the I.L. to max out at about 0.5 dB with a SWR of
less than 1.4:1.

What makes these relays fascinating to me is the way the contacts can be
energized. The connector is a standard 3-pin Molex type. The center pin
is common. One side of center will energize one coil, the other side
will energize the other coil. Because this relay has two independent
coils (one for each port) you can energize one coil, or two, and use the
relay as a normal SPDT relay or to make it a "T" connection where all 3
SMA ports are connected to each other. Either AC or DC can be used & the
coil draws about 30 mA. They have a very nice 1/8" thick aluminum
mounting plate making mounting them a snap. I will start with making 45
available & asking $15 each plus shipping. I just had to take one apart,
was neat to see the high quality build & all that gold.

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/anritsu-5

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/anritsu-4

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/anritsu-3

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/anritsu-2

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/anritsu-1

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/anritsu-6

2. I have some Radiall, 24-28 VDC, SP6T, SMA, DC-18 GHz rated relays.
These relays were installed in some specialized com racks but the racks
were never sold and then dismantled so they are very clean (I would call
them near pristine 9.7/10). They are rated at 240 watts (ave pwr) up to
3 GHz, and down to 100 Watts (ave pwr) up at 18 GHz, with a port-to-port
isolation of 80 dB (down to 60 dB at 18 GHz). The coils draw about 100
mA and each relay contact is rated for up to 5 million cycles.

What makes these relays really amazing (other than their awesome specs)
are that they have a small PCB mounted to the contacts already ! The PCB
uses a standard 20-pin DIP connector to access all of the required
contacts and there are 6 LED's that indicate which port is being
energized. There is also a protection diode on the PCB. I only have 18
and asking $45 each.

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/radial-4

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/radial-5

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/radial-6

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/radial-1

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/radial-3

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/radial-2

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/radial-7

3. I have about 25 used 4-port 1 GHz - 2 GHz directional couplers. I
tested several of them and they had around 30 dB directivity, less than
1 dB I.L. and coupling very close to their rated 10dB. They are very
clean but do show signs of nicks and little paint chips missing from
them hitting each other in the box that held them. Asking $10 each.

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/dc-2

Preference given to anyone who wants to purchase an entire lot. Not
every one of these items has been tested for specs etc and are being
sold as-is. PayPal or personal checks are aok.  Thanks !

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery athttp://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....