[Moon] Fitting MAB25 type encoders to a Spid RAS

g4bao john at g4bao.com
Thu Feb 9 18:58:36 CET 2017

Befefore I reinvent the wheel this spring and before I strip down my RAS,
has anyone out there fitted absolute rotary encoders of the MAB 25 style to
a SPID RAS and more importantly documented it?
Also if anyone has stripped down and rebuilt a RAS I'd be interested in any
tips, pitfalls and gotchas.

I used to regularly strip down and rebuild a a Suzuki T500 charger engine
in my youth,so I'm not scared to have a go  but I had a Haynes manual!

You could save me a lot of time and headscratching.

Also an exploded diagram of the rotator would be nice
Answers on a postcard to.......

73
John G4BAO