[Moon] 1296 SSB fun activity

Steve Gross-N4PZ n4pz at live.com
Sun Jan 8 17:07:39 CET 2017

Hello All

The SSB experience yesterday was amazing. It makes me want to sell my house, buy a place in the country and start on a 10 meter dish.

I have a 4.9 M dish and 1500 watts but the dish size and my hearing loss makes it hard for me to copy the SSB signals.

Here is the list of random QSO.

OZ6OL, G3LTF, RA3EC, DL3RU, VE6TA, DL9EBJ, PI9CAM, F1PYR SSB/CW,

What a challenging hobby and where could one find such a great group of very talented friends.

Thanks all.

In 60 years of ham radio I have gone from a 6L6 oscillator on 40 meters CW to working SSB off the moon on 1296. Incredible.

73

Steve N4PZ

PS. See you all in Sweden in May.

I still favor CW above all.