[Moon] RC5A-2 + 3.6m mesh dish

Phil - FR5DN fr5dn at izi.re
Tue Jan 24 14:04:15 CET 2017

Hallo All,

HNY from very hot Reunion Island.

I would like some feedback if any.

I have Create AZ rotator RC5-A2 and wonder if anyone is using it for his
dish. (http://www.ges.cz/sheets/c/create_rc5.pdf)

I have no idea if this rotator can handle a 3.6m dish in security.

I'm not familiar with wind load calculations, just found some info on
calculators from the www, but real life experience is for sure better.

I am thinking of modifying and cutting my tower to get the station up.
At least being qrv on RX, if time permits working on it.
The dish is heavy (for me alone to operate on it), it is an Orbitron
SX-12, in very good cdx.
The center Hub is not the original one, it is much stronger, and
heavier, custom built.

Any info appreciated.

Many thanks.

Vy73 - Phil - FR5DN