[Moon] Microwave Meeting Gajow

Dominique Fässler dfaessler at bluewin.ch
Sun Jun 11 19:57:15 CEST 2017

Dear Stanislaw

I just came back home and want to thank to you and your collegues of the
Polish microwave community for the highly professional conference. The
Polish EME amateurs are an impressive source of interesting technical issues
and very nice hosts!

I returned with a full basket of inspirations, which will keep me busy in my
lab for quite a while!

On top we had an impressive QSO demonstration in SSB by Zdenek, OK1DFC in
the 6cm band with his highly sophisticated portable station. Before this SSB
QSO, digital tests were made at a signal level of -16dB according to the JT
software. We have learned that -16dB signals are easily speaker copy, and we
remain puzzled about this sporty scaling of signals to noise..

Another highlight were the QSOs on 122 GHz by several stations over a
distance of 1500 meter with power levels of 0.05 mW.

Again, thank you Stanislaw for your kind hospitality, for the organization
of this wonderful gathering of the many enthusiasts!
73 HB9BBD
Dominique