[Moon] 3cm progress at G3LTF

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 26 09:33:41 CEST 2017

This weekend I fitted my new feed, SM6FHZ design for my 2.4m offset, together with an improved modified LNB. After more adjustment of feed position I now get 12.75dB sun noise SF74 and moon noise 1.2dB and CS/ Ground 4.4dB.  I copied the following stations over the weekend. PA0BAT, SP6JLW, HB9Q, ES5PC, OF2DG, HB9BHU, OK1KIR, OZ1LPR, IK2RTI, OK1CA, DL7YC, YO2BCT, DL0EF and VE4MA and I could see OK1DFC on JT. I’m quite pleased with that result and I now believe I have a working antenna system and will press on with the tracking and Tx side of the system.
73 Peter G3LTF