[Moon] 3cm progress

jewell at btinternet.com jewell at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 26 10:21:09 CEST 2017

 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }
Like Peter, I also made some changes to my 3cm EME system this weekend. I used an SM6FHZ feed with linear polarisation to my 2.3m prime focus dish. There was a noticeable improvement over the re-purposed commeercial Chaparral feed I had been using. I was able to quickly change over the feeds to do an A/B comparison. The sun noise/cold sky was improved to 12.2dB from 10.8dB and moon noise from 0.7 to 1.0dB. Ground noise/cold sky on the 'FHZ was 5.2dB

I need to improve tracking still further and find a way to incorporate the SSPA.

I was so busy making measurements that I didn't really bother to check who the stations were that kept popping up, except HB9Q and OZ1LPR!

I felt this was a successful improvement and I feel encouraged. I hope to be fully operational later this year.

73 de Sam, G4DDK