[Moon] 3cm this weekend

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Mon Jun 26 19:19:38 CEST 2017

I seem to have an issue with my 3cm system, especially the transmit
side. Only one CW QSO this weekend, with OZ1LPR, tks for hearing me
Peter. Furthermore some TX drift is a good indicator that I need to
assemble the OXCO kit laying on the shelf and install it in the
transverter box.

Besides OZ1LPR, I heard SP6JLW, IK2RTI, PA0BAT, OK1KIR, YO2BCT,
PA3DZL, OF2DG, DL7YC,  DL0EF, HB9Q, WA6PY  , VE4MA and G3WDG.

Heavy rain on Sunday did not help either, moon noise dropped considerably.

Using a 2.4m prime focus dish, and the label on the amplifier says 19
watts output. Not sure if that is correct, I have no means right now
of measuring power on 3cm :-).

Moon noise peaking at 1.2 dB on Saturday when it was not raining.
Preamp NF measured by HB9BBD to 0.9 dB (tks Dom).

During the ARI contest some weeks ago I listened briefly on 3cm and
heard SA6BUN, N4EME and PY2BS.

As always with me and my equipment, plenty of room for improvements.
I might get there in/before the end :-)

If it was easy we would not do CW EME...

73
Peter SM2CEW