[Moon] EA9LZ 6cm

g4bao john at g4bao.com
Tue Oct 10 10:48:26 CEST 2017

Hi Zdenek, well done! Great to finally get to you on 6cm last night for a
second band.
Only sorry I screwed up the day for 13cm as we would have made it 3 bands.

Your decision to switch to JT4F  was inspirational!

I was running both WSJT10 (RX) and WSJT-X (RX and TX) in parallel during
the JT4F QSO and at no time did I either of the softwares fail to decode
you, whereas with QRA64D I got just 2 decodes in the hour or so of trying!
That said you did seem stronger when you were running JT4F. Maybe our minor
tracking errors just got "in synch" for the JT4F QSO.

Having slept on it, I wondered if it might have been the deep search in
JT4G, but all the decodes were "above the line" on the WSJT10 screen. I
don't know enough about Joe's excellent software to know if that really
means it was a pure decode without deep search? Maybe one of our digimode
experts may be able to tell me or have a view on their experiences
comparing the two modes at really low levels? I was expecting QRA64 to be
much better.

73 John