[Moon] Powering the preamp

tony everhardt n8wac at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 23:04:15 CEST 2017

I'm very close to getting on the moon (after wishing for years). I have never had a mast mounted preamp before. I'm ready to install one now and have what may be a simple question for all of you...but I'm scratching my head here. What is the best way to power the preamp from about 150 feet out? I'm guessing inserting power into the coax. If so what is the best way to do this? Is there anything I should know before I start adding power so I don't pop anything? Any and all suggestions are certainly wanted and welcomed. Again I'm new to all this.
I've accomplished the easy part......Tx'ing to the moon. I've had a report or 2 posted so the tx side is good enough. Once the preamp is at the tower I'll be good to go.
PS....I know 150 ft is far so don't remind me of this please. The eme tower will grow in the spring when I have more time.
N8WAC