[Moon] QRA64 false decodes

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Fri Oct 13 14:06:46 CEST 2017

Hi Charlie,

This was a QRA64 decode today of the DL0SHF 10 GHz EME beacon,
apparently there are false decodes in QRA64 also under certain circumstances:

1144 -22  2.5 1144 :* CQ AR8NDK JB02

Normally decodes look like this

0820 -11  2.5  639 :* CQ DL0SHF JO54

I often monitor Per DK7LJ's superb 10G EME beacon for extended
periods to get a feeling for the different limitations of my EME
window with my small dish. Limitations are mainly based on blockage
from different towers on my property. And I must admit that the false
decode above was quite surprising and  highly unusual.

73
Peter SM2CEW

snip..