[Moon] 3DA0MB 1296 14. Oct. 2017

Daniel Gautschi dan at hb9q.ch
Sat Oct 14 14:36:31 CEST 2017

Hi All

This first activty day we had to fight many problems... 10c, dense fog and strong drizzle did not make it easier for us!

Running 4 EME stations simultaniously from one shack with all the antennas in a limited area is a real challange! The powerfuse was triggered every now and then and we lost power for a few minutes having to restart the systems. Being close to the 4 antennas challanged our PCs which made the clocks and the samplerate dance, and the RF equipment didn‘t really appreciate the high energy levels either.

I‘m very sorry, but on 1296 we had to QRT after about 2h due to a tx-problem. Unfortunately it took long to find the faulty ‚part‘... but after many hours of search and testing we found it and with a nice team effort we could fix it. So we were back in business for 2h before moonset. In this 4h we worked 24 stations.
Our mr and ms is at about 8-15dgr. Today we had very high noise on 1296 from about 15 during before ms. We could see several stations calling us but decoding was not possible, sorry.

We will do a second day of operation on 23cm. The stations who missed us please send us your availability for Oct. 19, 20 and 21. We then will select the day with the most stations available and inform you here.

Oct. 15th we will be QRV 13cm as planned. Please look for us on 2320.100 3DA0MB 1st JT65c, we listen on our echo (please make sure your echo is not more then  +-700Hz off our echo, or we will not see you, sorry!). Depending on WIFI QRM we can do on demand 2400 at mr and 2304 at moonset (both no crossband needed). Please look for us on the logger (sorry, internet is not always available here).

144, 432 and 50 Mhz are also QRV Oct. 15 during the full moonpath.

We will do our best to work as many of you as possible!

Vy 73, Dan for the 3DA0MB team