[Moon] DUBUS CW contest 23cm

Jürgen.Friedrich juergen.friedrich at dj8fr.de
Tue Apr 24 00:31:49 CEST 2018

Yes, very good contest with big activity.
For me it was very special.
First hour (beginning 11z at 20 deg, my limit) I made 12 qsos while
calling CQ with my 4.93 m dish.
Got a call from KL6M. Wow around the globe. Tnx Mike!
Then something happened: The noiselevel went up for moments, then normal
again.
Lost more than an hour for searching. Ok, lets go on.
So with this special effect I worked 44 QSos on saturday with "activated
brakes".
More and more noise. I found the relay protecting the preamp as the reason.
Worked all around NA: KL6, VE6, W6, K5, W9, W4, K2. Nice.
On sunday I got constantly high noiselevel, so no contest anymore.
Connecting the preamp direct to the feed gave big sigs again.
I continued as SWL  :-((((   .
That's what it was folks, at DJ8FR.
Anyway many thanks again to Joachim, Mr.DUBUS, for this beautiful event!