[Moon] 3cm update

DW Harms (Dick) PA2DW qtc at kpnmail.nl
Tue Aug 28 23:20:15 CEST 2018

Hello all,

Together with my elmer PA3ACJ I made some further calculations on the 3cm
feedhorn I will use and concluded that it has an angle of operation of 15
degrees.

Mounting the system with this feed in the focal point at app. 93 cm, or with
a slight offset as I intend to do, it will illuminate my 2.4 meter dish only
for 69cm and results in an angle of operation of app. 3 degrees. And less
gain of course, about 11 dB.

This is ok to start with and I think it will be possible to control the
tracking with my 'mr inaccurate' SpidRas.

I also found a waveguideswitch, tnx Peter OZ1LPR and Martin PA0MJK for your
help! I will not have it here by coming weekend, but soon will be able to TX
with about 12W at the feed.

Next project is to improve my SpidRas and then I can increase
illumination/gain J

73, Dick PA2DW

3cm rig:

DB6NT MKU 10 G3 PROF

GPS disciplined 10MHz

DU3BC LNA

SSPA 12W

2.4m dish, illuminated surface 69cm diameter