[Moon] HB0/HB9DBM MW DXpedition 2018: Summary

Daniel A. Gautschi, HB9CRQ dan at hb9q.ch
Mon Dec 10 21:37:33 CET 2018

Hi ALL

We are happy to share the summary of our HB0/HB9DBM, JN47sf, MW DXpedition
in November 2018. You find additional information and photos of the
DXpedition at https://hb9q.ch/2018/?page_id=350

Results:

This was our 4th DXpedition with our "portable" station. We are very happy
to report that we experienced no technical problems and suffered no damage
at all. We are also very happy with the performance of our station.

We have worked a total of 131 QSOs and 108 initials on 5 bands in 5
moon-paths, one path per band! It was nice to work a total of 25 CW QSOs on
the 5 bands. On all bands we were CQing for hours with no takers, so there
is obviously a lot of opportunity to work more stations!

23cm:

60 QSOs (3 CW, 57 JT65c)

58 initials

20 DXCC (DL7YS, EA8DBM, ES6RQ, F1RJ, G4RGK, HB9Q, IK3COJ, JA6AHB, KA1GT,
LX1DB, LZ1DX, OK1KIR, ON4AOI, PA3FXB, SM6CKU, SP5GDM, UA3PTW, VE3KRP, YL2GD,
ZS6JON)

4 continents

Smallest station worked: DF2VJ 2.6m mesh dish 140W at feed (-28/R-25)

13cm:

12 QSOs (3 CW, 9 JT65c)

9 initials

9 DXCC (DL7YC, HB9Q, IK3COJ, JA6AHB, W5LUA, OK1KIR, ON4AOI, PA0BAT, UA3PTW)

3 continents

Smallest station worked: JA6AHB 3m mesh dish 100 W at feed (-19/R-17)

9cm:

12 QSOs (4 CW, 8 JT65c)

8 initials

6 DXCC (DL7YC, HB9Q, WA3RGQ, OK1KIR, PA0BAT, VK4CDI)

3 continents

Smallest station worked: VK4CDI 3.6m mesh dish 15W at feed (-26/RO)

6cm:

20 QSOs (8 CW, 12 QRA64D)

13 initials

10 DXCC (D7YC, G3LTF, HB9Q, JA1WQF, W5LUA, OK1KIR, OZ1LPR, PA0BAT, UA3PTW,
UR5LX)

3 continents

Smallest station worked: UR5LX 2.4m offset dish 45W (-18/R-15)

3cm:

27 QSOs (7 CW, 20 QRA64D)

20 initials

10 DXCC (DL7YC, HB9Q, JA1WQF, W5LUA, LX1DB, OK1CA, OZ1LPR, PA0BAT, UR5LX,
VK7MO)

4 continents

Smallest station worked: OK2AQ 1.2m offset dish 40W at feed (-19/R-17)

Equipment:

1.5m dish 1x2mm mesh

homemade automatic azimuth and elevation control

23cm: 100W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

13cm: 90W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

9cm: 90W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

6cm: 80W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

3cm: 50W at feed, v-pol, preamp at horn

QSL please direct with SAE to

HB9Q

P.O.Box 133

CH-5737 Menziken

Switzerland

Our QSL cards will be available  late January 2019.

Thanks a lot to all who have called and worked us and sorry to those we
could not work!

Stay tuned for our next DXpedition.

Vy 73, Dan and Mark, the Q-Team