[Moon] SA6BUN 6cm update

Michael Kohla sa6bun at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 00:02:00 CET 2018

Today I could add 2 more initials on 6 cm, ES5PC and JA6AHB were kind
enough to come on the band for me to test. QSO's were armchair copy,
although it was raining cats and dogs with heavy wind gusts from Easterly
directions. The whole support construction proved as stable as planned and
constructed, tracking was all the way precise to 0.1 degree tnx to OE5JFL's
superb controller.
The whole feedbox system ( proved to be water-proof) had never been tried
b4 in whole, it was constructed in the JO31-workshop, well observing
principles given to me by my elmer Willi, LX1DB, regarding image rejection
and CS/G key figures, etc. The feed box was brought along and installed in
the dish with standardized cabling connections allowing for a quick change
to 3 cm. Moon noise was exactly as predicted by VK3UM program, echoes may
be a bit louder than calculated, resulting in many sideband QSO's.
Now holidays are over, it is time to take the feed out and earn some money
for the next project.

Vy 73 SA6BUN