[Moon] ALL 9cm orperators

Charlie & Geraldine Kahwagi ibnkarim at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 9 12:31:44 CEST 2018

Hello,  A couple of questions to  all 9cm  operators:

1.	Are any /  many of you are able to adjust  LO frequencies to be able
to work VK3NX on 3392 MHz  direct   Tx  and Rx ?

2.	What filter designs are possible to pass 3398.100 MHz (with minimal
loss)   but attenuate  3400MHz and above  by 30-40 dB or more ?

A little  while ago I had to migrate all 9cm operation to 3398 MHz and have
worked many of you there direct or split freq with 3400 MHz

I now have commercial spread spectrum transmitters on  3400 MHz and above
nearby  and I can no longer operate on 3398.100  due to a BIG  increase in
my noise floor on 3398.    I  either  have  to  find a filter solution, (
ALL SUGGESTIONS  WELCOME PLEASE) or migrate down a few more MHz  to say
3392.100 MHz where I have checked  my  background noise is "normal".

( I recently have had the same problem  on 13cm  due to heavy commercial use
on 2304MHz and above   and an interdigital filter helped...  I  am  able to
still work on 13cm but ONLY  2300.100 +/-    ( not 2301.950))

73

Charlie

VK3NX