[Moon] ESIS ASHORE military rader

Stephen Hanselman eme at kc4sw.com
Tue Jul 31 01:24:48 CEST 2018

Mike,

The one in the US you were thinking of is “Pave Paws”. It is a 400MHZ 3 MW free air combined over the horizon radar.  When originally set up they came to The repeater coordinator (me at the time) and expressed interest in operating to avoid issues w/amateurs.  The station can change frequency on a pulse by pulse basis.  After 9/11 that all changed for no apparent reason other than they could do it.  There is one station at Beale AFB (near Sacramento Ca.) and one in Maine.  The prototype was built at Elgin AFB in Florida and looks towards the south.

73's

Stephen Hanselman, KC4SW
Datagate Systems, LLC
3107 North Deer Run Road #24
Carson City, Nevada, 89701
(775) 882-5117 office
(775) 720-6020 mobile
s.hanselman at datagatesystems.com
www.datagatesystems.com
a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business
DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and all copies and printouts of this e-mail and any attachments.

Sent from my iPad