[Moon] The future of Amateurradio - computer games

Conrad PA5Y g0ruz at g0ruz.com
Mon Mar 12 17:00:00 CET 2018

I do use JT65 and CW on 2m EME, it is pragmatic to do so. However this
is a step too far. What IS the point of this? There is no achievement,
it dehumanises the concept of communication entirely. The point can only
be that more QSOs means more Paypal donations for the expeditions. But
who wants to go on a dxpedition and at the end of the day check how many
QSOS the computer has had? It's an exercise in software jiggery pokery
and serves no purpose for the hobby.

He's lost me this time.

I have to say Pater that I don't believe that you are intimidated by
this, pull the other one :-)

Appalled maybe, but intimidated?

I don't think that we will see it in the EME world, not enough $$$
available.

73

Conrad PA5Y