[Moon] Joe Taylor

Don Hawbaker donhawbaker at comcast.net
Mon Mar 12 18:56:18 CET 2018

Dear Dr. Joe Taylor, K1JT.  Please disregard these recent vile, rude, and irrelevant emails concerning the future of amateur radio.  Such vitriol from fellow amateurs is inexcusable.  Their opinions do not represent the majority of amateur radio operators.  With all the spectrum and modes available, I cannot comprehend how these few people think everything must be done their old fashioned way.  I assume they use the modern conveniences of electricity, automobiles, TV, central heating systems, etc. so it is not that they hate modern things, just people who do not do things their hard way.

I encourage you to continue to improve the techniques that you and your group have developed.  I and many other amateur radio operators enjoy the benefits provided by computer processing of weak signals and other forms of advanced radio.  The encoding techniques and the mathematics that support them are fascinating even if not appreciated by some people. Thank you for all your work.  It is indeed admirable.  Thanks again.  Best 73s.

Respectfully yours,
WA3RGQ

Sent from my iPad