[Moon] Joe Taylor

Zdenek SAMEK-OK1DFC ok1dfc at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 12 20:11:11 CET 2018

Don sorry you miss!!! Automated QSO is not HAM RADIO!!! It is PC-PC QSO and
if anybody as ham radio is not involved in this, it is not HAM RADIO !!!!

--
Zdenek - OK1DFC
www.ok1dfc.com

---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Don Hawbaker via Moon <moon at moonbounce.info>
Komu: John PA5MS <john at pa5ms.nl>
Datum: 12. 3. 2018 19:16:58
Předmět: Re: [Moon] Joe Taylor
"No, I did not miss anything. Just go knit sweaters if that is what you
like. Some of us enjoy automated QSOs. It all depends on what you like. One
does not disallow the other. There is room for all. If you like sweaters,
that is fine, go knit, just don’t try to tell the rest of us how to do our
ham radio. If you don’t like automated QSOs, then do not do them. But leave
the rest of us alone and don’t accuse us of ruining ham radio. We might
think the same thing about you.

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 12, 2018, at 2:04 PM, John PA5MS <john at pa5ms.nl> wrote:
>
> Don,
>
> It seems you missed the clue... It was all about Automated QSO's let your
computer automatically make QSO's for you even while you're away.. if that
is the future of amateur radio, I'm going to knit sweaters

> 73! John PA5MS

Moon
> Verzonden: maandag 12 maart 2018 18:56
> Aan: moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com
> CC: Moon-Bounces
> Onderwerp: [Moon] Joe Taylor
>
> Dear Dr. Joe Taylor, K1JT. Please disregard these recent vile, rude, and
irrelevant emails concerning the future of amateur radio. Such vitriol from
fellow amateurs is inexcusable. Their opinions do not represent the majority
of amateur radio operators. With all the spectrum and modes available, I
cannot comprehend how these few people think everything must be done their
old fashioned way. I assume they use the modern conveniences of electricity,
automobiles, TV, central heating systems, etc. so it is not that they hate
modern things, just people who do not do things their hard way.

> I encourage you to continue to improve the techniques that you and your
group have developed. I and many other amateur radio operators enjoy the
benefits provided by computer processing of weak signals and other forms of
advanced radio. The encoding techniques and the mathematics that support
them are fascinating even if not appreciated by some people. Thank you for
all your work. It is indeed admirable. Thanks again. Best 73s.

> Respectfully yours,
> WA3RGQ
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Mar 12, 2018, at 12:41 PM, Dominique Fässler via Moon <moon@
moonbounce.info> wrote:

>> What a sick mind behind automated QSO's!
>> As we know in many other disciplines of life, human perversion happens
all over.

>> My dish for 23cm will be dismantled before the mid of the year after 20
years EME in CW. It was a thrilling period of my life in CW with many
stations and almost no skedding. I did not count the numbers but the fun and
quality of signals was important.
>> Now 3cm attracts me more - terrestrial and EME. It still offers many
sorts of challenges, and again, it is technology in combination with
relationships within the amateur community.

>> If someone is interested in some high-power gear or other equipmenet,
please send me a note.

>> I had a wonderful time on 23cm and do not regret the many hours spent. It
is just the next period of my life beginning and not less thrilling.
>> Instead of computer gaming, the computer jobs here are more likely
antenna control, SDR and rainscatter issues.

>> Thanks guys for all the handmade QSO's we had. I am looking back with
joy!

>> 73 HB9BBD
>> Dominique

Pettersson via Moon
>> Sent: Samstag, 10. März 2018 10:07
>> To: moon at moonbounce.info; Kjell Jarl
>> Subject: [Moon] The future of Amateurradio
>>
>> Thanks K1JT for totaly destroying the Hobby!!
>>
>> it started on 2 m with bagpipes then it whent higher and higher in freq
Now have Jesus invented a new mode called FT8

>> Lets see how long time it takes before this Contestmode http://www.arrl.
org/news/ft8-dxpedition-mode-field-test-attracts-upward-of-500-participants

>> appears in The ARRL EME contest!!!! and similar.
>>
>> In my point of view it looks like K1JT are destroying the hobby totaly.
>>
>> So guys lets install this Idiot software and start it, then go on
vacation, http://ae5x.blogspot.se/2018/01/video-fully-automated-ft8-qsos.
html When you get back maybe you have 5000 Qsos in the log and QSl sent to
LOTW Really a nice future,