[Moon] Joe Taylor

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 13 15:56:08 CET 2018

Sorry Folks, it was an attachment, very small, but it got clipped, so I will
copy / paste it here ( I'm glad you all enjoyed the original)

OLD TIMERS REMEMBER

Five emers are  sitting round a table beside a 50 Ft dish which slowly
tracks the moon while its SDR works through the last 50 remaining countries
to achieve 300 DXCC on 24GHz with direct connection to the certificate
authorisation processor at ARRL HQ.

G3LTF Ah, that was a nice QSO into CE0SX we just made then Peter, did you
see how it automatically compensated for that auroral polarised moon dust to
get the signal up to -33dB?

SM2CEW  Yes it was , and did you notice how it sent the automatic Nah-nah,
Na, Nah-Nah message to DJ5** as it auto switched to Deep Search? Fantastic,
the advances in technology, I must put that on the blog.

F5VHX  You're right there Peter, who'd a thought 40 years ago we'd be
sitting here with the  fully automated JT675 doing everything while we just
sat back drinking Chateau Pomport

G3LTF, Aye, nice bit of Chateau Pomport Graham (even if it is a bit young),
But then, in them days we were lucky to have motorised dishes,

VK3UM,   Motorised!! mine were turned by donkey power, mate, and I built the
dish meself from old fence posts and barbed wire ( with the spikes removed
one at a time with me teeth)........

….....paragraphs deleted.......but you get the thread...

G4RGK…...and we sighted the moon through an old bit of lead piping that we
dug up out of the road and tuned the receiver with one foot while sending
“CW is King” with the other.

F5VHX.... And you try and tell that to these kids today with their JT675
and they just wont believe you!

ALL.... They Wont!!