[Moon] Digital and QSos

Matej Petrzilka ok1teh at seznam.cz
Tue May 29 12:06:54 CEST 2018

Hi Lars,

I don't like FT8 either because it's not fun for me and
I don't see a reason why to work a FT8 stations via Es which are
S9. But luckily we still have higher bands with dominat role of
SSB/CW traffic. I'm just afraid that such a digital TR rtty modes
like FT8 will be more common as the ham community is getting older
so lot of guys have problem with hearing and sending code by
voice or key and lot of young newcomers want to do QSOs now
without learning anything which could take more time than 1min..
Another reason is increasing city noise / interference..

On the other hand I must say that I had some chats with
Joe and he assured me that he and his wsjt group will not
release WSJT with fully automatic mode. Joe is still against
the fully automatic digital QSO machine however there are
some other SW authors who do it and we can't do anything
about it ... >
http://sv5dkl.blogspot.com/2017/12/sv5dkl-ft8-robot-fully-automatic.html

Life is too short for hate and negative thinking, all what we
can do is keeping the CW traffic alive as much as possible
and promote this lovely mode to newcomers in positive way.

73 & hope to work you in CW on higher bands again
via EME or other propagation
Matej, OK1TEH

---------- Původní e-mail ----------