[Moon] 4U1ITU news

Zdenek SAMEK-OK1DFC ok1dfc at seznam.cz
Wed Sep 5 09:15:16 CEST 2018

Hi EME gang, time is running and as was presented EME expedition to 4U1ITU
is close. Last weekend and last two days I spend with testing and works on
24 GHz. Finally I was able on 24 GHz work OK1KIR -18/-23dB JT4F even spread
we had 300 Hz and rainy weather with very high humidity. (Worse combination
for 24 GHz band)  I will try to improve little bit my power on 24 GHz in
next days, but system works and is chance to work as also on 1,5cm. OK1KIR
were received best -13dB on QRA64D and speaker copy. So RX performance of
180cm dish is great. I have now 10,7dB Sun noise, CS/G 2,4dB and Moon noise
1,1 - 1,3dB depend of clear sky or clouds.

After those tests Vlada OK1DAK from OK1KIR team calculated spread for whole
expedition and according that I have slightly change the band plan and
activity. I hope we will have best possible spread for MW bands. Please
check carefully, we seriously do not have time to organize it in other way !
!! All about you will find on:

http://www.ok1dfc.com/peditions/4u1itu/4u1itu_2018.htm

Please pay also attention to our notice about traffic in JT, QRA and CW
modes. During expedition we will be on HB9Q for possible sked coordination.

Now I will check couple last details and start to wrapping up all stuff.

Looking forward to work many of you via Moon.

--
Zdenek - OK1DFC
www.ok1dfc.com