[Moon] Fwd: 4U1ITU 29/09/2018

Zdenek SAMEK-OK1DFC ok1dfc at seznam.cz
Sat Sep 29 12:53:31 CEST 2018

again without attachments, that is waiting some approwals

--
Zdenek - OK1DFC
www.ok1dfc.com

---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Zdenek SAMEK-OK1DFC <ok1dfc at seznam.cz>
Komu: Moon-Net <moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com>, moon at moonbounce.info
Datum: 29. 9. 2018 12:48:14
Předmět: 4U1ITU 29/09/2018
"

Hi EME gang, we have again big problem with the wind in Geneva. Last Moon
pass we were able manage only 10 QSOs on 10 GHz and 4 QSOs on 1296 MHz
before we were hit by strong wind which peaking 60km/h. First problems I was
able recognize during CW 3cm QSO with Gerard PA0BAT when I suddenly did not
see Moon noise on SDR. I lost Gerard and we were repeating QSO in couple
minutes later. Than situation become worse and worse and we had terrible
problem keep dish pointed to the Moon. Moon noise I have 1,2 - 1,3dB, but
that moment it was vary from 0 to 1,3dB. Situation result with parking and
anchoring both antennas. I was checking situation every 1 hour on the roof
and no improves were observed. Early morning I decide to sleep little bit,
because I was so tired. I have to apologize every one who was waiting for
us. You can see the situation across EU where is so windy now. Weather
forecast for Geneva says that in Tuesday wind will be peaking up to 80km/h.
We are very scare, that it can to become early and we will have problems
with antennas.

For next Moon pass we propose this and hope that we will be able to manage
all according this plan.

Now we have prepared 2320 MHz in the 3,2m dish. 5760 MHz in 180cm dish. Wind
calmed little bit down now and we hope that due to wider radiation angle of
6cm band we can to work via Moon many of you. We do not know what happen
during Moon pass from Sunday to Monday and in this reason we want to operate
13 and 6cm together give a chance everybody work us on those bands. You know
that I am positive tuned, but this situation is seriously not good now. On
180cm we are able manage to change also to 9 or 3cm, depend of wind gusts.
So if anybody wants to work us on those bands, please be on HB9Q and let us
know. As I say, we will try to do our best, because nobody knows what will
be on Sunday night when is main day for 6cm operation.

I am again very much sorry about that, I can fight technical problems,
mechanical problems, interference but not weather.

Sorry again and we will do our best here.

73 from Geneva

Attached is picture of Moon noise changing level in the wind gusts and Sun
noise during nice sunny day before

--
Zdenek - OK1DFC
www.ok1dfc.com