[Moon] Yaesu rotor service

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 16 17:06:24 CET 2019

Hi moon people,

I have a Yaesu elevation rotor as part of a G-5400B setup which has died.  I read a few years ago about somebody who serviced these rotors - the part that sticks in my mind is that they even replaced the stock Phillips head machine screws with Torx head screws.  I can't find that person now, though, and the people I am finding all want nothing to do with it.  Maybe it's a bit small for this audience but does anyone have experience with knowing a repair place for these?  Or maybe I can get a jackhammer out to open it up and play in there myself, but time is not my friend right now.

Alternatively, if somebody's got something compatible to sell, it may come to that, so feel free to contact me off the list.  Probably just a matter of time until I'd need to upgrade anyway, right??

Thanks,

Pat
KB8DGC