[Moon] 6 cm EME Apollo 11 Event activity//VK3UM Station Plans, Futures

Patrick Barthelow apolloeme at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 11:08:49 CEST 2019

Hello EME folks:

The loss of  Doug McArthur, VK3UM not so long ago (it seems like only
yesterday);  3 years ago last March, (from 2019).  and his extra strong
"voice" to the moon and back, was a shock to the entire EME community, in
addition to other great EME voices that have become silent keys, in recent
years.
I have not been following closely the EME current events, chatter on line,
but wonder if Doug's station is being preserved,  and is intact, could be
operational?   If not, are there moves afoot to assist his family in
whatever future is planned for his famous EME station?   Another question;
Doug's unique lifetime contribution to the EME state of the art is in a
huge part his extreme quality EME related software.  Is that software being
preserved, documented, archived, updated, etc?   How about his VK3UM
website?   His Call sign?   Are there other software developers, that are
upgrading or keeping Doug's  software viable over time as new Windows OS,
or other software evolves?
Perhaps all these questions have been raised, considered and answered
before, somewhere.
If so, a link?
For that matter,  Doug seems to have been a monumental counterpart in EME
W6AM, Don Wallace the HF giant in the 50s and 60s.
Are there books being written about Doug's productive and prolific radio
life?

Best, 73,   Pat Barthelow AA6EG
apol <apolloeme at gmail.com>loeme at gmail.com

*"The most exciting phrase to hear in Science, the one that heraldsnew
discoveries,  is not "Eureka, I have found it!"    but:*
"That's funny..."  ----Isaac Asimov