[Moon] Activity report PA2DW

DW Harms (Dick) PA2DW qtc at kpnmail.nl
Sun Oct 20 15:13:19 CEST 2019

Hi all,

This morning I was QRV in the ARRL-contest. Signals were very good, my own echo was speaker copy.

I wanted to stay on CW only but after ten QSO’s I could not find more stations. QSO with: SP6ITF, W4OP (new init), G3LTF, G4CCH, SM6CKU, SM4IVE, KL6M, DL3EBJ, OE5JFL, VE6TA

Apparently I missed OZ4MM… and maybe a few more…

As my window became more spoiled by tree blockage, I decided to have a look on JT and worked OK1DFC, PA3FXB, OK2DL, SK0UX (new init), KN0WS

A QSO with N5BF failed as I had to go through trees and the chicken house of the neighbors. I guess the neighbors eat fried chicken, but the QSO with N5BF was not finished… sorry Cortney, next time I’ll move from CW to JT a bit earlier…

Thanks for all the fun!

73, Dick PA2DW

Rig:

K3

TR1296H

GPSDO locked K3/tvtr

500W SSPA

G4DDK LNA, 0,21 dB NF (on my own meter…)

2,4 m prime-focus dish with choke