[Moon] EME CW

Serge Szpilfogel ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Thu Oct 31 16:37:02 CET 2019

Hello Roger & all

With your set up you should be able to work a few stations. I have been on
CW for many years. It is very challenging yet very rewarding. I love CW

Unfortunately with WSJT now in full swing CW is diminished to the point that
it is difficult & rare to copy someone on 144Mhz even during contests.

I understand 1296 is a good band for CW something to think about?

I live in Nova Scotia & the closet EME Ham is KA1GTstill 300km away  Bob is
in Maine after that it is NH,NY,NJ I can scan 2 meter & there is never a
signal only One beacon on 144.284 about 200 miles from my QTH. You cannot
compare Europe to Canada we have one the lowest population densities in the
world this also does not help for 2M activities. Also the biggest country in
the world after Russia. Here NS I am closer to Ireland than Victoria British
Columbia.

We have the odd openings to the USA in the summer the problem is USA
stations near by do not beam North EAST so very lonely here on 2M hi!

Now in Europe has around 500 millions people living close to each other I
know I have spent my first 25 years in France so you would expect a lot of
activities on VHF no wonder!!!

That is my story for today & I am sticking to it by the way I have worked
Conrad G0RUZ/PA5Y & John G4SWX years ago on CW

Good luck give it a try Roger 1 minute sequence & 30 minutes sked time.

Serge VE1KG