[Moon] What equipment you need to work A21EME on 23, 13, 9, 6 and 3cm?

Daniel Gautschi, HB9CRQ dan at hb9q.ch
Thu Sep 19 21:38:42 CEST 2019

Hi All

In a month we will become QRV on microwave from Botswana with the A21EME
team. To show you what equipment YOU need to work us and to motivate YOU not
to miss this opportunity, we have prepared a summary of the results we have
had so far with our DXpedition station.

Our equipment:

1.5m dish 1x2mm mesh, homemade automatic az and el control

23cm: 100W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

13cm: 90W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

9cm 80W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

6cm: 80W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

3cm: 50W at feed, v-pol, preamp at horn

In less than 2 years, from October 2017 to May 2019, we did 5 DXpeditions
with our microwave DXpedition equipment. We have been active as

3DA0MB on 23, 13, 9, 6 and 3cm

ZS6EME on 6 and 3cm

EA6/HB9COG on 23, 13, 6 and 3cm

HB0/HB9DBM on 23, 13, 9, 6 and 3cm

SV9/HB9CRQ on 23, 13, 9, 6 and 3cm

During this 5 DXpeditions we worked a total of 680 QSOs:

110 in CW

149 in QRA64D

397 in JT65C

24 in JT4F.

Looking at the numbers by band we have the following results:

23cm

316 QSOs for a total of 125 initials

24 CW QSOs with 12 different stations

292 JT65C QSOs with 121 different stations

Smallest station worked: 2.35m mesh dish 150W

13cm

93 QSOs for a total of 34 initials

20 CW QSOs with 11 different stations

73 JT65C QSOs with 32 different stations

Smallest station worked: 1.9m offset dish 210W

9cm

44 QSOs for a total of 19 initials

11 CW  QSOs with 7 different stations

30 JT65C QSOs with 17 different stations

3 JT4F QSOs with 3 different stations

Smallest station worked: 2.4m offset dish 50W

6cm

105 QSOs for a total of 34 initials

32 CW QSOs with 16 different stations

63 QRA64D QSOs with 23 different stations

8 JT4F  QSOs with 6 different stations

2 JT65C QSOs with 2 different stations

Smallest station worked: 2.4m offset dish 30W

3cm

122 QSOs for a total of 42 initials

23 CW QSOs with 11 different stations

86 QRA64D QSOs with 36 different stations

13 JT4F QSOs with 11 different stations

Smallest station worked: 1.2m solid dish 40W

Summary

You don't need to have a QRO station to work us on any of the bands! Even if
you have a below average size station you can work us! We think that up to
90% of the active microwave EME community is capable to work us! During the
last 5 DXpeditions we spent hours calling CQ with no takers. We definitely
have a lot of time to work many more stations on all 5 bands! Hopefully
we'll work YOU! Don't miss the opportunity to work A21EME!

We are looking forward to work YOU from Botswana!

Vy 73, Dan HB9Q and A21EME team member