[Moon] ARRL contest Microwave leg.

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 22 23:09:31 CEST 2019

I started on 13cm and worked (all CW) UA3PTW, OK1KIR, RA3EME, SP6OPN, OK1CA, PA0PLY, SP3XBO, WD5AGO, G4CCH, K2UYH, OH1LRY, WA6PY, G4BAO, PA0BAT, and KL6M. I changed the feed to 6cm before the end of the 1st pass and worked VE6TA, K2UYH and HB9Q. At MR on the second pass I worked UA3PTW and JA4BLC and later SM6FHZ and VE6BGT #. I then changed the feed to 9cm  and worked WA6PY, OH1LRY, KL6M, SM3BYA, LZ1DX, K2UYH and HB9Q. Activity seemed down on previous years on these bands, especially 13cm but maybe because more were concentrating on 3cm. Conditions were good, near moon-set on 6cm , close to the doppler reversal point and with very slow libration, I was getting some amazing ssb echoes on the peaks.
Thanks to all for the nice QSOs
73, Peter G3LTF