[Moon] WA6PY ARRL EME MW Contestreport

Paul pchomins at san.rr.com
Thu Sep 26 05:18:38 CEST 2019

Hi All,

I was QRV in the contest and  on 10GHz  QSO'd  9A5AA DL0EF F5JWF G4NNS
IW2FZR  OH2DG  OZ1LPR  SP6JLW  VE4MA  heard SP3XBO OK1DFC and very often few
strong signals in JTmodes. When  I didn't hear any new station, I was
switching to 13 or 9 cm.

13 cm  QSO'd  G3LTF KL6M OH1LRY OK1CA OK1KIR SP6OPN  heard K2UYH

9 cm QSO'd  G3LTF KL6M OH1LRY SM3BYA VK3NX VK4AFL, someone called me in
parallel with OH1LRY, but never come back again.

Changing system to 6 cm takes me over one hour in the dark. Having
relatively short window to EU I decided to keep 9 cm on the dish and give a
try to work VK few hours later.

VK4AFL was on 3399.800. I called CQ for 20 minutes on 3399.800 without
success, then I tried to recall on what frequency I worked VK3NX few years
ago. I don't have computer with emails in  the shack. Intuitively I tuned 2
MHz down from 3400.100,to 3398.100 called CQ twice and fortunately VK3NX
called me.  I think we should agree common EME frequency for 9cm band in VK,
which will be convenient also for EU stations.

Working efficiently world-wide on  5 microwave band including 24 GHz in one
weekend in simply impossible. On the top of this overcrowded band selection
problem, activity is divided between CW and digital modes. Some years ago I
did 25 QSO's on 13cm, 9 QSO on 9 cm and 12 QSO's on 10 GHz. This weekend
I've got less than half of that although it has been similar Moon
declination.

TNX for all nice QSO's, 73 Paul WA6PY