[Moon] [Moon-Net] Estimating 1dB (or smaller) beam width of dish antennas?

vschald at bluewin.ch vschald at bluewin.ch
Sun Aug 23 17:00:53 CEST 2020

Hello :

Reference of “Microwave Engineers Technical and Buyers Guide” made me rush to my bookshelves …. Thanks God, I have not recycled the Feb 1, 1968 edition.  Where to look … Antenna Section, page 128 ff.  Lots of interesting stuff --- but ---  great surprise … no graph, no formula, no mention of beam width….

Fall back on my dish nomograph. Quick, accurate answer to many questions. Green lines are example for my 1.8m dish … +/- 0.7 deg 3dB beam width at 10.4 GHz…  Usage should be “self explanatory” …

Hope pdf will pass gatekeeper.

73 de hb9duk, volk