[Moon] very unfair rules from ARRL :-(

Conrad PA5Y g0ruz at g0ruz.com
Tue Dec 1 15:34:31 CET 2020

As one who is active on 2m I have no choice but to use JT65B during the ARRL contest. I totally agree with Jac that incentives for CW and SSB contacts would be of great benefit. As it stands there is no incentive whatsoever for CW QSOs on 2m and that is a shame, because I could have CW QSOs and would like to. I have always preferred CW but there is no one to work on 2m anymore.

I am looking forward to getting on 70cms and 23cms next year!

In keeping with the current ARRL scoring of 100pts per QSO I suggest:

DIGI 100pts
CW 200pts
SSB 300pts

Then a mixed mode contest would make much more sense.  I urge the ARRL to consider this, it would retain people who prefer CW and reward those who have built good enough stations to have SSB QSOs. At the very least SSB and CW should be differentiated from DIGI QSOs. The level of difficulty should be rewarded.

73

Conrad PA5Y