[Moon] contest point system

dj3jj at gmx.net dj3jj at gmx.net
Tue Dec 1 16:33:15 CET 2020

i was really impressed about your great 23 cm signal Zdenek with your 2.6 m offset dish the new feed and your 500 W on my 2.5 m dish
Thanks for the test qso s on jt and cw to compare signal strength and performance of our systems

Conditions have been very tricky this time
Saturday night we had thick fog plus 2dB extra loss because Moon was 405000km away

It was interesting how many big guns could not pick up my cw signal and how conditions did get much better on Sunday when we had a clear cold night

If Lars SM4IVE with his 13 m dish can not copy me i know that conditions are really poor
Normally easy peasy ;o)

My new self designed Sequencer worked perfect and now i am working on some other ideas to improve my station

I am again curious about what will be possible with my station in the ssb funtest
A great event organised by AL K2UYH which is every year my highlight as ultra noisy ssb with my small dish is super exciting with every qso

Last year i made 3 x ssb ssb and 6 x ssb cw

I can recommend everybody to try this out !

You will be surprised what is possible if you optimize your station for dx modulation and optimize compression to give every dB to your  partner to copy you

This is a completely different way to optimize your station and there is a lot of room for improvement which for me is big fun to find out and learn

Based on the Motto from Peter i say to all cw ssb guys:

Activity is king

As you can see on my qrz.com page
where i show the cw activity in the Dubus contests year per year its your activity that motivates others that its worth to become active too

I wish everybody a relaxed Christmas time and a lot of good ideas for the coming 2021

73 s Andreas DJ3JJ

Gesendet mit der GMX Mail App

Am 01.12.20 um 11:15 schrieb Zdenek SAMEK-OK1DFC via Moon