[Moon] DL0SHF 10GHz Beacon

Charles g3wdg at moon-net.eu
Thu Dec 17 08:45:28 CET 2020

Hi All

Per has asked me to provide a status report on the DL0SHF beacon, as he
is in hospital now for an operation on his back.  He injured himself
some weeks ago  when removing the broken (very heavy) azimuth  gearbox
assembly.

The  gearbox has been replaced,  and the antenna tracking checked by
monitoring sun noise for several days.  All worked perfectly.

However a small problem with a flow sensor in the water cooling system
for the SSPA could not yet be repaired,  as Per has been unable to work
on the system since a few days after the injury as he has been in severe
pain.

Per hopes to have the beacon operational again within a few weeks.

I'm sure we all wish him every success with the operation,  and a speedy
recovery!

73

Charlie G3WDG