[Moon] G3LTF SSB funtest results

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 13 23:44:23 CET 2020

Due to weather, and its effects, I only got to  operate one moon pass in the weekend and worked 14.  On 23cm 0000-0400 I worked DL3EBJ, OH2DG, SM4GGC, IK1FJI, SP6ITF,WK9P, WA7XX (2way CW), OK2DL, VE6TA, SP6JLW, W4OP, KA1GT, WA7XX, K2UYH and SM5DGX. I left the feed in hoping to get on for the MR window later in the day but the wind got really strong in the mornig and I had great difficulty stowing the dish. Although I had everything ready for 13cm something had gone wrong in the gear train of the HA drive and even though the wind had dropped I couldnt operate. It is now stripped down in the workshop. Conditions were excellent with really loud echoes on SSB, but activity was dissapointing. However, thanks to all for the nice QSOs, hearing familiar voices on phone via EME is for me very special.
And well done Barry VE4MA/7 for waking up eme again in Az!
73 Peter G3LTF