[Moon] Who can fabricate an SM6FHZ 5 step septum feed for me?

Conrad PA5Y g0ruz at g0ruz.com
Fri Jan 17 14:50:34 CET 2020

Hello all.

I have started my dish project at last. I will be using a 5m 0.38 f/D dish and would like to start on 23cms. I have almost all the ancillary equipment needed but I really do not have the facilities or local contacts to fabricate a feed. The SM6FHZ 0.71 L 5 step Septum feed is the obvious choice for this dish. Since moving to the Netherlands from the UK 4.5 years ago I have found people  locally who can do heavy fabrication but not the more delicate precision work needed for feeds. Bert Modderman PE1RKI can do the job but he is far too busy. I do not want to be in the position where I have a dish and no feed. I expect the dish to be ready in May so I thought it best to start this request early. I have the skills to make it myself but I do not have the equipment or space for a workshop.

7/16 on the TX port N or SMA on the RX port.

If anyone in Europe can help me I will be eternally grateful - sorry I'm not in a rare square 😉

Details of the feed may be found here:

http://www.ok1dfc.com/EME/technic/septum/SM6FHZ_sept.pdf

73

Conrad PA5Y, JO21