[Moon] [Moon-Net] DUBUS / REF CW EME contest 3.4GHz

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 6 16:45:05 CET 2020

Don, Did you see these two posts last year? [Moon-Net] FCC seeks to clear radio amateurs out of 3.4 GHz AMSAT-UK
http://mailman.pe1itr.com/pipermail/moon-net/2019-December/041166.html
Typically the DUBUS CW contest attracts between 30 and 40 participating stations. The ARRL and ARI contests are multi-mode but they are also multi-band and so participation is lower. In most years there is also a 3.4GHz activity weekend encouraging activity in any mode. I dont recall if you were active in those last year.
Please take a look at what Al K2UYH wrote in the latest NL, see the top of the first page here http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/NLD/eme2002.pdf
The key thing for us all is to get the level of activity up. It would be a great shame if the USA, where 9cm EME was pioneered, was to lose the band.
73 Peter G3LTF