[Moon] KB8RQ Gary

ve1kg at eastlink.ca ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Sun May 10 21:30:37 CEST 2020

I was incredibly sad to learn that Gary has left us.  He was the first
station I ever worked on EME, almost 20 years ago, on CW.  For me as a
beginner, and living far from other moonbouncers, I benefitted enormously
from his generous and constant help. He designed my four-antenna system,
taking outstanding care with all measurements and making sure it would stand
up to local oceanside conditions.  This system has survived two hurricanes
and is working well to this day.  I owe him an extreme debt of gratitude.  I
regret that I was not in close touch with him recently due to my wife's
passing.  He was an outstanding man, a mentor, and a friend to us all.  I
will miss him and hope he will see our signals when we beam to the moon.  My
deepest sympathies to his wife Barb, his son Ken, and family.

Serge  VE1KG