[Moon] 144 ARRL CONTEST & DECLINATION

ve1kg at eastlink.ca ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 12 17:41:09 CEST 2020

Hi guys I spent a few hours & worked many stations. I have not been on the
moon for the last 11months.

What surprised me was the high declination of the moon

Around 24 degrees. I have never seen that before!!!

Being the most eastern station in North America I have on

Occasion worked the odd JA stations & Chinese & into Indonesia on my
European window & I would assume with this new high declination, the Eastern
coast of the USA probably have also access to south east Asia on their
European window

Can someone explain to me why the moon declination is so far North?? Also
how long will it last??

Thank you

Serge VE1KG