[Moon] [Moon-Net] EME contest log submission

DW Harms (Dick) qtc at kpnmail.nl
Wed Oct 14 13:36:56 CEST 2020

Hi all,

The TMO system was very useful in the days that we tried EME on the edge of
possibilities. I remember when I started EME in 1981, that sometimes even an
"M" was regarded enough for a QSO, but it actually means "I have parts of
the calls, but don't give up till I have all and then start sending "O". So
"M is actually not enough for a complete QSO of course.

"T" meant that a signal was detectable, but not (yet) readable. Its actually
a kind of "QRZ" and I found it was very usable. But nowadays we simply call
"QRZ?"

Exchanging the actual report is still the cherry on the cake for a QSO, so
nowadays I only switch to sending "O" when it is hard to copy the report.

However, since my 23cm station is small, I often still have to use the "O"
system..

My opinion regarding the contestlog: only use the actual report. Simply
replacing RST by "O" is an insult to those operators that went the extra
mile by sending the report!

73's Dick PA2DW