[Moon] FW: [Moon-Net] EME contest log submission

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 16 11:38:41 CEST 2020

Hi Ingolf,
I’m pretty sure that when the idea of the codes for missing parts of the QSO started ( for example YYY, which is very useful) we also had MMM  meaning “I need my call”. However that could be confused for a M copy report I suppose, so its not un-ambiguous.
I do know the problem very well, it mainly occurs on 70 cm when the fading is extremely long at or near the point where the rate of change of doppler is zero, near MR and MS.
One solution is to not be too rigid in the transmission sequence at those times. Instead of SM6FHZ SM6FHZ DE G3LTF G3LTF to send SM6FHZ SM6FHZ SM6FHZ SM6FHZ DE G3LTF and then the other way round. As you noted, its amazing how sometimes  the fading rate seems to synchronise with the transmissions. This is all part of what, for me, makes 70cm CW EME so interesting.
Related topic, When I was a 30W QRP station in the Dubus 23cm contest I did use the GGGG 3333 LLLL TTTT FFFF  trick with some success.

I hope you noted the comments from Dale, W4OP, in this thread about the improved signal reports he is getting with one of your feeds!
73 Peter G3LTF