[Moon] [Moon-Net] Finding the focus point in a dish

Ingolf, SM6FHZ ingolf.fhz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:43:41 CEST 2020

Dear Dick and All.
I would like to elaborate some more on the reflection discussion, feed -
dish combination.
With a CP feed, IF you see reflections from the dish in the Tx-port when
transmitting in that port, the isolation has most likely been reduced due
to lack of polarisation purity. You are not truly circular, but more or
less elliptical in your polarisation. Probably a lot more than you
should be. I.E. Cross Polar Discimination / Axial Ratio is not good.
This may come from the dish surface (less likely), the feed itself (yes
most likely), the dish surface is not in the far field of the feed, you
have been fiddling with the choke position (also possible). See the
reference link in the first mail.
Check this before doing a lot of other complex adjustments that may
cause other problems.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Virus-free.
www.avg.com