[Moon] [Moon-Net] Bob Sutherland 3CX1000A7 VHF Amplifier

w5lua at sbcglobal.net w5lua at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 8 22:57:24 CET 2021

Byron

AS-46 covers the 3CX1000A7 for 150 MHz.

73

Al W5LUA

From: Moon-net <moon-net-bounces at mailman.pe1itr.com> On Behalf Of Byron Tatum via Moon-net
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 9:35 AM
To: Moon-net Amateur Radio Moonbounce <moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com>
Subject: [Moon-Net] Bob Sutherland 3CX1000A7 VHF Amplifier

Hello-

      A long shot here. I am looking for info on a 3CX1000A7 VHF amplifier by Bob Sutherland (and two other authors in second article) that appeared as a 2 part article in March 1969 HR Mag page 6 and April 1970 page 26. What started my inquiry was discovery of a plate line assembly from the estate of a well known Collins engineer JB Jenkins W5EU. I recognized the assembly as from this 2 part article of which I have studied in past. Mostly for the sake of historical reasons, and learning, I am asking these things:

        1. Does anyone have a copy of the full set of plans that are offered by contacting Bob Sutherland at Eimac as referenced in March 1969 article? I surely would like to have a set to go with this plate line assembly.

        2. Does anyone know if any of the complete amplifiers as offered by Al Roach W6JUK of Dymond Electronics were ever produced? This is referenced in the April 1970 article adjacent to the picture of the modified Henry 2K amplifier (modified by Bob Sutherland at Eimac to incorporated 3CX1000A7 RF deck using Henry power supply).

    I am curious about the history of this 2 part article and if there are any pieces of equipment that survived from it. I don't believe I would care to duplicate the complex output coupling scheme and mechanics but it is interesting to study. I would like to try and find a copy of the construction plans to go with this plate line assembly.

Thanks,

Byron W5FH

936-349-6353 cell